Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Digital Detachment

Lately I've been really trying not to spend so much time online. It's a hard habit to break. It's a pretty strong addiction to check emails or Sykpe to see if Jared is online or has sent me anything.
But I've been finding that I am more productive throughout my day if I limit myself to only getting on the computer a couple times a day.

There was an article in this months Ensign to this affect and I really liked this quote:
"Being constantly “plugged in” can drown out the quiet whisperings and subtle impressions of the Holy Spirit, breaking our personal connection with God and making it difficult, if not impossible, to receive personal revelation."

I'm still not that great at holding to this resolution of limiting computer time, but days like today remind me of how productive I can be when I'm not constantly on the computer being distracted by "stuff."