Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Very Thankful

When I knelt down on Wednesday night I said one of the most heartfelt prayers of gratitude that I have ever expressed.

I just can't believe how well everything went and how many blessings I had yesterday in my travels.

Two of my bags were a little overweight, but the guy at the desk didn't bother to weigh them.
He also let me in on a little secret- that I could gate check my carry-on bags at the gate all the way to Philadelphia and not have to mess with them in Phoenix. So I got the benefit of having checked bags, but didn't have to pay an extra $100 a piece they charge for a third checked bag.
My parents were able to get gate passes and helped me through security.
The lady at the gate took my bags down to the end of the jet way for me instead of making me take them.
The gates in Phoenix were 4 gates apart instead of the twenty the lady from the airline on Monody said they would be.
Colin didn't sleep that well, only really cat napped, but his fussiness was minimal.
Miles didn't sleep at all but watched his DVD player or played on the floor. He made absolutely no fuss about wearing his seat belt which was a first. He did just fine pulling his rolling backpack through the Phoenix airport and the Philadelphia airport.
(I asked for an electronic car in Phoenix,(ended up not needing it) but didn't in Philly. But there was one waiting when I got off the plane and we got a ride almost all the way to the baggage claim.
Jennie was there waiting for me with a hug and to carry some of my stuff to the car.
She pulled the car around while I went back to get the luggage. On the way I found an abandoned luggage cart and was able to use it to get my baggage back to the car.
One of my suitcases didn't make it, but it was kind of a blessing in disguise, because I don't think it would have fit in the car with the other 5 suitcases and duffel bags. And they delivered it to Jennie's house first thing yesterday morning, so we didn't even have to go back to the airport or even worry about it.

I could just feel my Heavenly Father's hand in so many things that happened during my trip. I just felt so blessed all day and so watched over.

Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts on my behalf. I know they were answered.