Monday, February 15, 2010

China

Just reading Jared's post about Chinese New Year and the people he had dinner with makes me so excited to get over there.

I am so excited to have this experience. I'm not naive, I know it's going to be hard, but it is also so exciting!!! I really want to look at this as an amazing adventure and appreciate seeing life in a completely different way. How many people get this kind of an experience?

I have such faith that some day China will be open to the gospel and allow missionaries to proselyte. I don't know if it will be during the time we live there or later but I know it will happen. I've been reading in Alma about the sons of Mosiah and their missions to convert the Lamanites. It has strengthened my testimony that the Lord can work mighty changes in the hearts of men. The Lamanaites who were the vilest of sinners, a people who did not believe in God, were brought to the knowledge of the Savior and his atonement and were able to overcome the foolish traditions and beliefs of their fathers.

Alma 19:35,36
"And it came to pass that there were many that did believe in their words; and as many as did believe were baptized; and they became a righteous people, and they did establish a church among them.
And thus the work of the Lord did commence among the Lamanites; thus the Lord did begin to pour out his Spirit upon them; and we see that his arm is extended to all people who will repent and believe on his name."