Friday, February 19, 2010

Letter to a Friend

Since Jared is in China, he is unable to speak to any Chinese non-member about the gospel. So in other words he can't talk to our friend Penguin about church related things or he and the branch and district presidents could get in trouble or even deported. Yikes!

But I can still talk to him for the time being about the gospel! My letter to him. I pray with all my heart Penguin and his wife Cindi will decide to be baptized soon!

"Dear Penguin,

I've been thinking a lot about you and Cindi lately and I just wanted to send you a note to say hi. Or rather Ni Hao! I hope you had a wonderful Chinese New year and were able to spend some time with your family and friends during the holiday. I know Jared enjoyed his first Chinese New Year there. We miss him but we are excited that we will be able to join him in China sometime in April.

I just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that now Jared is over in China, he really isn't supposed to discuss religion with you or he could get in big trouble. But I know he is planning on a trip to the temple in Hong Kong in the next month. I know he would love to see you while he is there.

Penguin, I know Jared told you when he was in Shenzen that he thinks it is time for you to be baptized. I agree with him. It's been on my mind a lot lately. Jared would really like to be the one to baptize you and he can do it on one of his visits when he goes to the temple in Hong Kong. When you feel you are ready I hope you will make arrangements with him so that you can meet in Hong Kong and he can baptize you.

I know Jared has said that you really want to be able to go to the temple. As soon as you and Cindi are baptized you can begin going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead and in 12 months you should be able to recieve your endownment. Then you can be sealed to Cindi for time and all eternity.

Just to share a scripture with you;
Mosiah 18:8-11

8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
11 And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts.


Penguin, I want you to know how very much Jared and I love you and Cindi. You will always be so dear to us. I look forward to seeing you in your own country. I'm so excited that we get to come learn of your land as you had the expierience to learn of ours.
God be with you til we meet again, my dear friends.
Love always,

Heather"