Thursday, January 21, 2010

Needs Met

"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom. The people of the Church need each other’s strength, support, and leadership in a community of believers as an enclave of disciples. In the Doctrine and Covenants we read about how important it is to '… succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.' (D&C 81:5.) So often, our acts of service consist of simple encouragement or of giving mundane help with mundane tasks, but what glorious consequences can flow from mundane acts and from small but deliberate deeds!" -Spencer W. Kimball

I'm so grateful for the wonderful people who bless my life through their acts of service.

We had Colin's four month check yesterday and he has only gained 14oz in the past two months. He's dropped from the 50% to the 10% in weight. So to add to all the other stress I suddenly was thrown into a panic about my baby.

I'm so grateful for my sweet friend Jen who was there today to give me comfort and much needed moral support. I'm grateful for my wonderful brother-in-law who was there tonight to give me a blessing. I'm grateful for my sweet sister who fed me dinner last night after a really long emotional day.