Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pioneering


Matt 6:28-30, 32
"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, how much more will he not provide for you, if ye are not of little faith"....."For your Heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of all these things"

Today I sorted through what is left of our possessions. Pretty much it consisted of family pictures, some books, a few dishes and some decorations. Almost all our furniture has been sold and a lot of things given away. I know I've tried to give off the illusion that it's okay with me, selling off or leaving almost everything we own back in the states, but the truth is, it has been very hard. We are only going to be able to take four 50lb suitcases of our stuff. So no family pictures, none of my mother's quilts, my anniversary vase, my jewelry chest, hardly any of Miles books and toys, none of my Cephalon pans or kitchen stuff (though I have to take my Henckel chef and paring knives-those are irreplaceable!).
One thing that has made it a easier in giving away things is that we've been able to help people in even worse financial situations then ourselves. I was so glad that I was able to give a lot of my nice clothes away to a friend whose husband is in a PhD program and who has six kids. We were able to leave our bedroom set at Jared's dad's house and give the furniture there to a family who needed it. And some of my kitchen stuff, some bedding and other things are going to another sister in Jared's mom's ward.

I have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of us. This scripture gave me a lot of comfort as I sent Jared off last week. I have to believe that He will watch over my dear husband and provide for him as it says in this scripture.