Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Safety for the Soul

Last night I sat down with the Conference edition of the Ensign and read Elder Holland's address Safety for the Soul. Wow. I don't think anyone who watched this talk live could forget it. As I was reading I could hear Elder Holland's voice in my head. His testimony was so passionate and his words so stirring.
I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon. My words seem insipid and not nearly adequate for the love I have for this book and it's influence in my life. It has power to lift our spirits and to heal our hearts and help us put off the natural man and turn back to our Savior. At times I have been lackadaisical in my study of it, but lately I've realized it's power in my life and my constant need for daily spiritual nourishment by the word.
I quote Elder Holland "God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has done that in our time. Remember this declaration by Jesus Himself: "Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived" -and in the last days neither your heart nor your faith will fail you."