Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nightly Prayers

3 Nephi 18:21
"Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed"

One of the things I miss most about Jared being gone is our nightly prayer together. It's one of the reasons I have followed him in his "night owl" ways and always stay up as late as he does. We always always say our family prayer and our couples prayer together at night. We started this ritual long before we got married. When we were dating we would always end our nights together with prayers.

My husband is a better person than I am. No matter how mad I am at Jared he insists that we still say prayers together. And quite often it turns out that I have to forgive him because it's hard to stay mad when you're talking to Heavenly Father.

I love to hear Jared say prayers almost as much as I love to hear him talk in church(he always gives such wonderful talks). When he prays I can really feel how much he loves Heavenly Father and how he has developed a personal loving relationship with Him. It makes me want draw closer to my Heavenly Father and have more love for him as well.

I know that our prayers together have strengthened our marriage. Prayer has been such a positive force for good in our marriage that I really felt it's absence between us.